You know those lazy Sundays where you sit around your house, in your pajamas, and just channel surf until you find something good? That’s what this list represents; not that the movies are stellar or Oscar worthy; but they are entertaining enough to stop and watch for 20 min intervals on any given day.
- Drumline – I get made fun of A LOT when this movie is brought up. It’s definately a guilty pleasure movie and perfect to just zone out and get in touch with my roots.
- Die Hard – Even with the butchering that comes with Cable TV; the sight of John McClaine will always make me put the remote down.
- Ocean’s Eleven – A recent addition to this list, as it’s been on Bravo every other weekend recently. It’s still a fantastically made film.
- The Day After Tomorrow – Another critically bashed film that is not as bad as people made it out to be; this disaster movie has some great special effects and Jake Gyllenhaal, can’t go wrong.
- The Sandlot – I will stop everytime, just to watch 10-15 mins, just to remember what it was like to be carefree and just worry about playing a little baseball.
- Starship Troopers – I Love This Movie. Everything about this movie brings out the 15 year old boy in me. Lots of violence. Lots of gore. Little bit of nudity. Of course, this is all cut out on cable, but if anything it makes for some good comedic moments.
- Back to the Future – This movie is a timeless classic. It saddens me to think that Hollywood wants to reboot the franchise, I really wish they would just leave shit alone.